28.1.13

songstress style: Paloma Faith

Photobucket

While I'd seen her name and visage bandied about the internet quite a bit, it was this profile of her in the New Yorker which lead me to seek out (and fall in love with!) Paloma Faith's music. And let's talk about her wonderful aesthetic!! Her style is not your run-of-the-mill "vintage" look, but a magnificently campy and theatrical take on retro glamour. It's certainly no surprise that she has a background in theatre and dance as well as music.

I think she also just comes across as such a smart, cool and thoroughly charming human being :) While there are plenty of celebrities whom I adore, there are very few I'd actually want to meet and hang out with, you know? But watching Paloma's interview clips and clever "Paloma on Paloma" series on YouTube, I was struck by how warm and intelligent she seems. What a star!





Photobucket

Photobucket


(Hmm, perhaps this isn't a "Songstress Style" post so much as a "Chanteuse Cheveux" post, 'cause this doll's hair is consistently incroyable!!)
 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


{ All images sourced from Paloma Faith's Facebook page or official website }

10 comments:

  1. I have yet to give her a proper listen, but I hav admired her aesthetic for a couple of years now! She seems so lovely and the few songs I have heard are incredible :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know precisely what you mean about how there are plenty of stars you enjoy watching, listening to, etc, but far fewer that you'd actually want to spend an evening conversing with. I'm the same way, too. Paloma looks like a thoroughly fascinating lady. I will have to look into her further. Thank you for the introduction.

    Wishing you a marvelous Monday & week ahead,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Paloma Faith ~ her style of music and dress is fabulous. Now there is a lady who knows how to express herself ~ she's a woman after my own heart. *⌒∇⌒* Thanks for the great post about her!

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Paloma ( she is half Spanish)her music, and her wonderful sense of style.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran across a few snapshots of her randomly on the internet a couple years ago, and was totally taken with her hair and personal style! I went around wearing my hair like this for about three months: http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/originals/f0/85/e2/f085e2908365a66e15297ea3d256679b.jpg hehe! I still need to listen to her music more--but what I've heard I love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i adore paloma! her style is so wonderful!


    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥