Quincy of Q's Daydream was nice enough to tag me to share seven random tidbits about myself!
So here I go: more than you've ever wanted to know about me...
1. I love the rain! Not the actual being in the rain, but rainy days. I love the smell of rain on the earth; mmm! And I love the sound of it on a tin roof. Rainy days are usually when I go antiquing, too (rural Vermont doesn't offer much in the way of indoor entertainment, OK? Plus I'm 85 years old at heart.).
2. When I was sixteen I decided, for some reason, that wearing my hair in an enormous beehive to school every day was a really good idea. Also, as it was high school and all, I was convinced I had to wash my hair every single night, which meant detangling the rat's nest on my scalp every. single. evening. It's really quite a miracle I still have any hair left!
Mmm hmm. Eat your heart out Ronnie Ronnette.
3. Do you get the RFD-TV station? It's quite possible you have it and don't even know, because I don't think it has much of a fanbase outside old folks' homes and wheat farmers in the midwest. And my house, of course! They play reruns of all those corny 70s country music shows like the Porter Wagoner Show, Hee Haw, and the Wilburn Brothers Shows, of which I am completely and unashamedly enamored. I credit these shows with kicking off my vintage addiction; once I saw those girls in foot-high bouffants and gingham dolly dresses belting out the blues in time to a crying steel guitar, there was no going back.
4. I have a horse named Chinook. He lives up the road from me in my neighbor's old dairy barn. He's a nice little guy.
(^ the turquoise thing is my sweatshirt tied around his neck. Should he get a style blog?)
5. I wear rose oil as perfume just about every day, and I use just about all of Crabtree & Evelyn's Rosewater scented products (shampoo/conditioner/soaps/lotions/hand creme/talcum powder). Now you know what I smell like.
6. I want to live right here. This is the Ashworth House; I am sure you'll become better acquainted with it once the snow melts, as I spend far too much time trespassing there. I also spend too much time daydreaming about what my life would be like if I lived there: very Grey Gardens on the set of Days of Heaven, probably, and so romantic.
7. I play the steel guitar. I just started last June, when my dad bought me a beautiful 1940s lap steel on eBay as my high school graduation present. It's a lot of fun; it can sound honky-tonk merry, or sad and eerie. In a year or so, once I'm reasonably competent on this, I want to get an autoharp!
OK, so now you know a little more about me. Lucky you ;)
I always feel shy about tagging other people, so I would like to encourage anyone who feels like it to write their own seven (or five, or twenty) random facts. Or you can leave a random fact about yourself in the comment section here!
Have a lovely weekend, my friends; I have another Songstress Style post in the works for you on Monday.
See you then!