1.7.11

the little things

Hello, hello! I've been neglecting Blogger something awful this week. I've been working so much lately, sun up to sun down practically, earnin' up some funds to waste on old dresses and knick-knacks. And, you know, pay for college and all that semi-grown-up jazz.

Today I wanted to share some pretty little things that have been inspiring me of late:


Look at this beautiful print I won in a giveaway drawing by the super talented lady behind Audrey Eclectic!!! Miss Sedona Sally here is currently presiding over my little cowgirl shrine (what can I say, when it comes to decorating I'm all about vignettes!) until I get some glass in that frame and find a suitable place to hang it. Isn't she gorgeous? She reminds me so much of the sort of lass Patsy Montana would sing about. The funny thing is, I've had this Victorian-era antique frame and its twin kicking around for about a year, and I just couldn't find anything worthy enough/the right size for them. Looks like I'll be ordering another of Heather's prints soon to fill out that other frame!

I hope she doesn't mind my showing a couple of her other works from her etsy store. I just adore the dreamy old-timey aesthetic, and I'm sure you all will appreciate it too:





Also, shifting gears here, whilst browsing the Victoriana Magazine website for some inspiration, I came across this darling 1880s child's scrapbook! I wish so much I could find an actual one of these someday; the Victorians get such a bad rap in modern pop culture for being all stuffy and dressing in drab colors, but they were such a wildly creative bunch! This scrapbook is the most magical thing; here are some of my favorite pages, and you can see the rest here.








♥♥
 I hope your week has been full of good cheer!! Enjoy the weekend, and a Very Merry Independence Day to all you American types! 
♥♥

11 comments:

  1. aw, thanks so much, Dakota! She looks so beautiful in that antique frame! Love the cowgirl vignettes :) I'm so glad you like her and the other art too. I just love finding others out there that love the same old timey stuff I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been follwoing Audrey eclectic and love what she does so talented how lucky for you to win that painting.I have eyed off a few.
    Wouldnt be wonderful to find a scrap book like that I bet you do tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ScrapBook Is Darling!! and i love those prints by Audrey eclectic she seems very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank ya for the introduction to this gal's art work. I'm gonna have to get a print. BTW, just received your remarkable mixed cd. I was most smitten with Maddox Bros & Rose's version of New Mule Skinner's Blues. (Dolly Parton does a pretty mean version too). and what a creative cd casing! You're a sweet lil gal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those drawings are so cute, and I love the Victorian frame, you always have so many exciting gems x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really like these drawings by Audrey Eclectic. Reminded me of something I purchased a few years ago and I could almost imagine Audrey doing something in a similar vein..

    http://instagr.am/p/Gyj0Q/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That print is absolutely adorable and it goes perfectly with your knick-knackery!

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  8. That print is adorable, and looks quite perfect for your pretty little Victorian frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Booo to people that dis the Victorians! I can't understand it... that scrap book is beautiful! Audrey Eclectics work is lovely and that print fits perfectly amongst all your things. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really do find the prettiest things ever!! how very amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥