30.5.11

"i've always depended on the kindness of strangers..."

^^Ms. DuBois' famous line ... all will become clear as you read on !!


Hello hello! I hope your Memorial Day Weekends have been fine.

If you've been following me for a while, perhaps you remember this "songstress style" post, in which I obsessed over waxed poetic about the phenomenal style of one Mrs. Tracee Mae Miller, member of the amazing band Blanche!

Well, through that post I was able to connect with the sweet, generous and just plain lovely Corina Rose who sent me a box of Tracee Mae's clothes!! It seems she once was able to get to a garage sale at the Miller's home in Detroit, where she snapped up a bunch of Tracee Mae's garments. She's now passed a few on to me, and I couldn't be more thrilled! THANK YOU Miss Coco, I'm gonna wear these dresses 'til they're in rags, I love them so. I'm sending her a little thank you card and a couple of treats this week that I hope she'll enjoy!  ♥♥♥

A sneak peak at the goods:


Corina Rose has a dandy blog of her own that, if your tastes run similar to mine, you'll be sure to enjoy. This gal has an amazing eye for style and aesthetic stuff, superb musical tastes, and she bears an awfully close resemblance to the 1959 Barbie doll! In short, she and her blog are fabulous so go forth and check it out if you haven't already.



I miraculously have this belt that matches this darling 1980s-does-1940s frock perfectly, haha! Clearly we were meant to be ;-)

20 comments:

  1. Whaaaaa! That's soooo freakin' cool. Love it! I LOVE the black and white accessories with this special frock, too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, I'm just falling completely in love with Blanche. I hadn't heard of them til you! My husband is a MAJOR Blue Rodeo fan--I'm a Neko Case addict. Blanche fits our musical tastes perfectly. Have you heard of the Sadies? Some parallels there, too. Anyway, thanks for introducing me to some great music, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!

    Baroness, that's so cool!! I'm so glad I could create another Blanche fan in the world, hehe. And I happen to have a real soft spot for the Sadies and Neko Case myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing story, and that dress is beautiful! I shall have to go listen to their music right away!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic for you, I need to look up their music looks like my kind of eccentric taste x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too sweet! and how amazing that you were able to get some more of that woman's clothes! How thrilled she'd be, to see them getting a new life with you :) looks like you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How incredible! ahhh the wondewrs of the blog-o-sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful cant wait to see you with them on.I am off to your lovely friends blog now xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're so lucky that you get to own a piece of your favorite star's personal history. Can't wait to see how you style all these precious frocks.

    Love the red/black/white combo and the little peeks of the rural environment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet gift! Love the little red dress on you

    xx Fran of alittlevintagestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful outfit, love the dress and purse especially!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been listening to Blanche and love them love what Traci wears too she has style.
    You may like this song by an aussie country singer and her hubby

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRFZ2uOD4mk

    tell me what you think I love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh ahhhh mmmmm pretttty! just cam across you..following....your site has a lovely, warm nostalgic feel....different from the vomit inducing colour combos in mine! x x

    www.thefashionturd.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome!!! I love that dress and your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh love your dress, such a nice colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, it's so cool to see it go from my room to yours. I'm so glad you like the dresses. I tried to pick things that I thought fit who you are. I did well too because you look Beeeeautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning dress and the shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love love love that dress, you look lovely. first time on your blog, i'm impressed!
    Forever Chic,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥