2.5.11

meadow lark

Photobucket

(1940s wool tartan jacket; late 1940s/early 1950s cotton day dress; Keds)

Don't let the autumnal hues fool you, spring is in the air here at last! Just look at that new green grass growing. This was one of my outfits over Easter weekend; I snagged some pictures in the cow pasture across the street from our house (the cows don't move in 'til about June, usually, so I'm taking advantage of their absence-- they're cute but sort of mean!).

I've been feeling in a 1940s mood lately; must be the hot weather: the sleek updos and simple, clean-cut lines of 1940s day wear is perfect for a look that's elegant but cool against the humidity. Also, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but!! ...they really did make clothes so much better back then. This sweet 1940s jacket (probably part of an amazing suit once upon a time... tragic to think of the matching skirt!) is so smartly tailored; it still has a beautifully nipped-in waist just hanging on the rack!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. lovely dress...and what a smart little jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jacket is so perfect for the dress. Also I just really love them in general. Have fun in that cow pasture. Hope you don't step on any "land mines". hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you kindly, Alex and Baroness!!

    Victoria-- thanks! I seem to always wear this dress with this jacket, they do match splendidly : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous jacket and the dress is so sweet. I know they do not make things like they use to, clothes from the 40's and 50's are so flattering for girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh yes I certainly do like that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the outfit and I adore you in these Keds! My favorites!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥